This page outlines the scientific objectives of the CoMMinS study. We will publish study protocols, consent forms and other study documentation as well as preliminary results as these become available.
- Using testing to establish the prevalance of prior and current Covid-19 infections in school children and staff;
- Analyse infection and health trends by linking to public health data;
- Develop and implement approaches to support positive health behaviours that mitigate against disease transmission
- Explore the effect of the Covid-19 pandemic on the mental well-being of students and staff;
- Gain an understanding of the challenges faced by schools during the Covid-19 pandemic, to inform futher public health and local authority support and resources.
Some of the team’s prior research in this area
- Blog Are schools in the COVID-19 era safe?
- The Back to School Study aims to explore the views of young people, parents, carers, and teachers in Bristol to the re-opening of schools in September
- The Germ Defence Website that is provide online advice and support to people in the community on how to protect themselves and their family from infection.
- A process evaluation of the factors influencing hand washing behaviour in primary school children