CoMMinS household study
As well as exploring Covid-19 transmission within schools, CoMMinS study researchers are trying to find out how Covid-19 spreads within households. We are inviting people taking part in the CoMMinS Schools study if they, and their household members and close contacts, are willing to provide saliva samples at home, twice weekly, for four weeks. This is the CoMMinS Household study.
We are inviting people to take part if:
- They receive a positive PCR test result through participation in the the CoMMinS Schools study, or and
- A household member of close contact of someone taking part in the Schools study (a pupil or school staff member) has received a confirmed positive test for Covid-19 within the last 5 days.
The study team will then deliver saliva test kits to all of the household members and close contacts who have agreed to take part, to do at home, twice a week for four weeks, and to complete some short questionnaires. The saliva samples are collected by courier, and tested in a University of Bristol research lab for Covid-19 infection.
The CoMMinS saliva test is easy to do, it does not involve swabs or needles, and it is not to do with vaccines.
Household study information sheets
The study information is available in different versions. Please let us know if you need the study information translated into another language, by emailing the study team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participant information for parents whose child has been invited to take part
- Parents whose child has had a recent positive Covid-19 test (PDF, 266KB)
- Parents whose child has not had a recent positive Covid-19 test (PDF, 266KB).
Participant information for adults including parents, over-16s and school staff
- Adults who have had a recent positive Covid-19 test (PDF, 259KB)
- Adults who have not had a recent positive Covid-19 test (PDF, 258KB)
Participant information for older (secondary school age) children
- Children who have had a recent positive Covid-19 test (PDF, 337KB)
- Children who have not had a recent positive Covid-19 test (PDF, 278KB)
Participant information for younger children (easy read)
- Children who have had a recent positive Covid-19 test (PDF, 194KB)
- Children who have not had a recent positive Covid-19 test (PDF, 179KB)
The following video provides more information about the Household study.
Please get in touch with the study team by emailing email@example.com if you would like to find out more, or take part.